Hello all,
I've been using Sony's new pro CD recorder, the CDR-W33, for the
last few weeks, and it's a pretty sweet deck.  Even better news,
Sony has authorized us to "give it away free" if you buy their
portable DE-456 CD player from us for $544.  That's a backwards
way of saying, you get both items for a very good price!

As a Sony Professional dealer, we have the PRO version of the
CDR-W33, which ignores SCMS and records on the cheap
"computer" discs.  The instructions indicate otherwise, so before
you consider buying this model from another dealer, be sure he
has the "pro" version!

In addition to the features we've come to expect from pro CD
recorders (coaxial & optical in & out, analog RCA in & out, records
on all CDR and CDRW discs, automatic or manual indexing from
MDs or other CDs, "audio-sync" startup, memory buffer for instant
start, etc), the Sony offers DSP (digital signal processing), though
unfortunately, only from the analog inputs.  This feature includes a
3-band parametric digital equalizer, a digital compressor/limiter,
and optional Super Bit Mapping (SBM).  You  can really sweeten
the sound of audience recordings with this equalizer!  Of course, I
was a bit disappointed that these features couldn't be accessed
through the digital inputs, but if you're goal is to make changes to
the sound anyway, it probably doesn't matter, and you certainly
won't lose any sound quality with Sony's excellent 24-bit A>D
circuitry.

This model also includes CD-Text which is a very neat feature for
assigning a name to your disc, and to each track.  CDRWIN also
supports this feature, and I've started writing out discs with the full
setlist built right into the disc!  In addition to letting you program
CD-Text from a jog dial or the remote control, the CDR-W33 allows
you to connect a standard PC computer keyboard and type in all
your CD-Text information!  You can also control the machine's
standard functions from the computer keyboard.

This unit is a dark grey color and carries the tradition of Sony's
excellent design: removable 19" rack mounts, large display and
clear buttons, large remote control (wireless or wired operation),
2-minute finalize, jog dial for menu operations, etc.

Please email for more information:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you,
--Gary
P.s. you also get a free car playback kit with your free CD
recorder, so you can play your newly minted CDs in your car!