I know in my area there's only a small amount to choose from in minidisc
technology. My computer hard drive is too slow to edit audio with, it takes
longer than real time to cut 5 seconds out of something, maybe up to 2
minutes. This was when I downloaded sound forge xp which I lost in a goof
up that required a disk format, one of those where I had access to an ftp
site for only a limited time before it expired. I'm sure disk speed has
everything to do with it, but I can't find cheap extremely fast drives that
can reduce the edit time.
It's mostly what I find at best buy or circuit city that seems not to give
many choices of what to get. My system won't hold the gigs of ram needed to
record 3 or four hours at a time, as after 15 minutes things are starting
to crash. Is there common to find recorders that record for a few hours on
a disk, or that can change disks automatically for recording?