=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

Francisco J. Huerta said:

> I would like to replace my aging player for something really portable,
> though. I've kept a close eye on the RZ-90, but I have lots of questions
> about it which Sony's page doesn't address....
>
> 1) Does it use ATRAC Type-R? If not, which version does it use? Does it
> sound good?
> 2) Is there any new model by Sony coming out soon?
> 3) Is there a better portable (in your opinion) from other brands?
>
> 4) If I use my MZ-1 as a player in my home system, and wire everything using
> fiber optics, will an MD recorded on the RZ-90 sound better on the MZ-1 than
> a record made on the MZ-1 played on it?
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I love MD, and would like to
> purchase the best player-recorder out there.

I wouldn't recomend the R90...
Nice size... thats about it..
The "power saving" features make it a little slow to do anything
and the skip protection seems to suffers to..... which would be fine IF it didn't
also come equipt with the Luvly "end search" feature....
(if i'd wanted a cassette style recorder i'd have bought a tape walkman,
and if there(sony) looking to market to people who'd appreciate the "tape style"
features, then someone really should tell there marketing department...... ).

(Speaking of the end search *feature*, has anyone with a suitably steady hand & fine
soldering iron found
a way to short the "endsearch" micro switch through the record switch on
these...????).

Personly i'm looking to replace mine with a Panasonic SJMR200W at some point

--Matt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 === MIME part removed : text/html; ===