Churchill, Guy wrote:
>Correct ... without a LPF the sub will be amplifying full range, not
>an ideal situation, but OK.

The amplifier with amplify a full range signal causing it more stress
than required,
and it'll generate far more heat than it needs to.  The driver in the
box won't reproduce full range,
it will naturally roll off at some point, if it's a sub driver that will
probably be fairly low
(but certainly not low enough for sub use).

>*Almost* all Powered subs have their own
>variable LPF.  (normally from 40-120Hz)  Some THX subs are permanently
>fixed at 80Hz, most will have a phase switch (some have a variable
phase),
>some allow line-in only (low level), others have speaker in (high
level),
>many have both.

Always interested me, what sort of audio quality do you get from a
speaker level inputs on these things?

Anyway on a more MD related note,
Has anyone with a sony R90 noticed if they skip easerly when placed
vertically (Head phone jack socket
pointing skyward) and placed an a surface with a fair amount of
vibration (my case in the car).
I only noticed this after dropping the thing down the stairs...  just
wondering if this has had an effect on it
or they just do that anyway....

--Matt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]