Hi there,

I can give some impressions, but the best source for details and spec is
probably Brian Youn's page - http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~youn/mzr900.html -
he's put a lot of effort into a really excellent page.

So far, I've just listened to my MZ-R900 on the way home on the plane. It's
taken a while to get used to the different controls from my old Sharp, but I
think I'm getting there. It's much smaller than the Sharp - little bigger
than a couple of stacked minidisc jackets, and the battery life is amazing
in comparison. I really like the remote, but the supplied earbuds don't look
or sound anything special.

I'm trying to devise a test to see the difference between the LP modes and
standard. From an initial listen, I can't hear too much difference between
standard and LP2. LP4 sounds a bit 'flatter', but it's by no means dreadful.

I don't think you'll be able to easily clone with it. From my understanding,
cloning usually means defeating/fooling the MD player into thinking that a
disc hasn't been replaced, when it has. Then, when the player goes through
the normal TOC update process, it writes the TOC from the first disc onto
the replaced one. I can't see how you would easily defeat the door mechanism
of the 900. I don't know if there's any test mode hacks which would
facilitate this either.

Hope this helps. Any other specific questions, let me know.

Cya

Al