hi

dont know about the volume-level thing but for winamp I use a plug-in called "pause
between songs" that works pretty good if you want track.marks. You can find it at
http://home.bip.net/urbansan/gen_paus/

///fredrik

On Tue, 23 January 2001, "Erik Olsson" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a sound card to my computer (Absolute Multimedia 3D Sound (with
> Vortex2)) connected digitally to a Pioneer NS-7 MD (MJ-L7) via an optical
> TOSLINK - S/PDIF connection.
>
> I'm very satisfied with this solution, it's quite cheap and it sounds great
> compared to analog connetctios between computer and MD/stereo equipment.
>
> Although I have two problems:
>
> 1) Is there any way to produce track marks (they are a part of the S/PDIF
> protocol or?) when playing sound from the computer? My dream solution is to
> find a plugin to Winamp that can do this.
>
> 2) The level is a bit too low in the digital out even if I have the highest
> level in the Windows Volume control. Is it possible to adjust the record
> level on the MJ-L7 when recording digitally (the manual says the level it
> set atomatically)?
>
> or:
>
> is it possible to override the Volyme control in Windows and set a higher
> volume (since the volume in the digital out has to be a thing that could be
> changed in software principally without limit, it's just 1 and 0, no
> physical voltage in the sound card should be a limit)?
>
> /erik

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.