Neil wrote:

> I know you've alluded to it, but THX is just really a certification thing,
> the soundtrack on DVDs will still be either DD or DTS (for the
> foreseaable...). THX is just a certification of the equipment you use,
> alluding to the quality and integrity of the kit.

Actually it is a little more than that.  THX Select to qualify must include
specific enhancements (Timbre Matching, Decorrelation, Re-EQ, etc.)"

There is not THX Surround which is a combined effort of Dolby and Lucasfilms.

Larry

PS.

I've been thinking about "Twister" and yes you are right DTS is VERY impressive
when fully taken advantage of.