> > * I'll be needing both an omni and unidirectional mic. Is
> it worth buying
> > the standard Sony MD mics (not sure of code but retail for
> about A$150)?
> > Will many other mics connect to the unit?
>
> I believe all "plug-in-power" mics with 3.5mm jack plugs will
> work with the
> MZR70.  I don't own any however so I can't recommend what kind to get.

I have what I think is the standard Sony 3.5mm plug stereo mic - I actually
got it free with a Sony recording cassette walkman (that thanks to the
wonder of Mini Disc now lies dormant in my bedroom gathering a hell of a lot
of dust).

It's great for conversation recording - especially the stereo effect - very
clear.  With live recordings - not so hot, but then again it's difficult to
know whether that's where I have the mic during recording, or how the levels
are being set, rather than the mic itself.  Also, I don't think I've ever
heard a really great mic-recorded bootleg.

Not sure if it's worth A$150, though.

Richard Lang
Solicitor

Duncan Cotterill
Christchurch, New Zealand

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: (++64)-3-379-2430  fax: (++64)-3-379-7097
http://www.duncancotterill.com