On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:15:13 -0500, las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>So you could probably fit 2 hours or
>so of music on an MD.  At $1.50, considering the alternatives, that seems like a
>pretty
>good deal to me.

Considering the alternative of solid state memory, yes.  But even considering
the writeable media it's excellent.  Sure CD-R's are less but one cannot erase
and re-record.  Now consder cd-rw's.  They are $3 each the least expensive I've
seen at retail (Memerex 3pk at BB) but you can only erase from the last track
back and cannot do the masterful editing work that MD's seem to handle with
aplumb.  So are MD's worth $2 ea (5 or 10 pk Memorex at BB)?

I don't see how they can be consider other than a bargain by comparison.  To
compare an MD with a cd-r, like some have done, is not comparing apples to
apples!

-jts <Arlington, TX>