From: "Taky Cheung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If you convert an mp3 back to wave using uncompressed PCM, that's the same
as the wave file you ripped from CD. Bob was right, the size of the wave
file  is depends on the frequency, bit depth, and mono/stereo channel.

I realize that. But I also know that the data "restored" is not the original
data lost in compression because that data is gone forever. An MPEG 1 Layer
3 decoder uses a sophisticated interpolative filter in an attempt to
accurately replace the lost data.

Don C.