hi.
just subscribed to the list mainly for a tech 'problem' that i have.
i have a 1024 Player SBLive! and i would like to record my mp3s on  to my
Sony MZ-R37 portable.
to do this digitally(optical cable) i have to spend   $85 for Creative's
Digital I/O Board,or 40-50$ for Hoontech's daughter card.(and all i want is
one optical out).
However i recently found out that you can have optical out only by using a
DIY "circuit-module' .As i saw at a relevant site this means converting the
coax signals to TTL signals and subsequently convert the TTL signals to
fiber optic using a TOSLINK transmitter.
The fact is that i know shit about building even the simplest circuit,so i'd
like to ask if there's anyone out there who sells this stuff readymade.If
so,please contact me i'd be very interested.
Thanx
tim