Niels repeated,

| I want to connect a miniplug to my unit (not the remote). And I want to
| connect my remote to the unit.  I will not use the headphone jack in my
| remote, only on the unit itself.

That's why I suggested inserting a Y-adaptor's plug into the unit's jack.
Then you'll have the two jacks of the Y-adaptor available: one for the remote
and one for the headphone.  The headphone jack on the remote can be empty.

| So a Y connector will not work, because I only need 1 headphone port.

I still don't see why not; you've tried explaining twice, so let's forget it.

Dave Hooper wrote,

> Ah - I get it ... but why not just plug your headphone jack into the jack
> socket in the remote instead of the jack socket on the unit?

Niels has answered that previously (or actually someone else figured it out
and he confirmed that that was what he meant): he doesn't want the weight of
the remote in-line on the cording from the headphones to the unit.  I tried
to suggest that if he doesn't want them in series he can have them in paral-
lel, but that doesn't please him either.