On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:17:06 -0000, "Dave Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You may find, however, that whenever the remote is plugged in, the output of
>the unit switches from line-out to headphone-out.  This would be very
>unfortunate.

Does the one output of the E900 serve as both a line out (with no volume
adjustment) or a headphone out (a  so the volume is adjustable)?  If so I did
not appreciate this previously.

However if this were the case then the volume adjustment circuit, well ... I
guess it's taken out of the signal path electronically rather than mechanically.
So the signal has a more direct path to the jack and therefore less chance of
distortion ... which is the desired result, a 'straight wire' path to the
Airhead.

Thanks.

-jts <Arlington, TX>