Ok folks,

Here's a challenge for you!

My husband and I are (semi) professional musicians (we play for money
so that makes us professional, but don't make enough to live off it.)
Anyway, next Saturday (March 10th) we are going to be the headline
act for a concert.  (We will be playing with another couple on
hammered dulcimer, guitar, autoharp, and a wonderful vocals.)

This Thursday we bought a Sony MZ-R70PC MD.  We have lots of sound
equipment and mics and we're hoping to use two mic systems fed into
the 1/8 inch input into the Sony to create a minidisc or use a feed
off our mixer into the minidisc recorder.  We'd then like to transfer
the minidisc recording to a CD using CoolEdit 2000.  (Which we've
been trying out and we're ready to purchase.)

We don't have much time to learn what we need to know, but maybe you
can help us with the basics so we can accomplish what we want to do.

We have lots of computer space (about 50 gigs) so we can store the
file to the hard drive before transferring it to the CD (and, yes, we
have a cd burner --  in fact two).

Is there anything we need that we don't have?

We will have to do our own engineering while we're playing, so it has
to be a simple no frills set-up.  (We can probably get someone to
"turn us on and off" but nothing more.)

Hey, if anyone is in Central Michigan and wants to give us a hand,
we'd welcome them!!!!

We're totally illiterate when it comes to digital and analog. I just
know I want to be able to create a CD which I can give to friends and
family.

Can anyone give us any pointers?

Sharon Skaryd

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (from Michigan)