"J. Coon" wrote:
> Steve Corey wrote:
> > until the last possible moment (74:59) pop out the disc, and shove
>
> There isn't any way that I know of to get the disc out without writing
> the toc, except taking out the battery or putting it in service mode.
> Neither will do you any good.

On the Sony MZ-R90, just slide the eject switch, and out comes the disc
with no TOC writing (and if you're not careful, out comes the battery
too.  Yet another annoyance with the R90).  Of course it won't work on
all decks, but we're talking about the End Search feature, which is
"featured" on the Sony portables.

But, as has been pointed out, the End Search function is not needed
since the same thing may be accomplished with other methods.  So I
hereby join the "End Search is Stupid" crowd.  I would also like to join
the "AVLS is Stupid" crowd and the "Automatic Gain Adjustment is stupid"
crowd.  But at least Auto Gain has its uses.  Just let me turn it off,
and remember that its turned off.

-steve