I bet quite a few of us would have seen that as setting the
next msb bit even as they read the email first time.  Or is
it only us peeps whose early programming days included some
machine language (in my case the ancient Z80) who can still
think in binary/hex almost as easily as decimal?

Do I need help / treatment or to just return [C9h] to the real
world? :-)

PrinceGaz.