Sounds to me like the problem isn't with the MD unit but your computer
and sound card.
I suspect that you don't have the third prong on the plug connected to
anything, or if you do what you have it connected to isn't wired
correctly.  Someone may have not grounded the third prong and they may
have the hot and the neutral connections reversed.  You can buy a device
for less than $10 at the hardware store and plug it into the outlet and
it will tell you if the plug is wired the correct way.

Zach Prichard wrote:

> Ok so I plug up my MDZ-R70 (sony) to transfer a recordin g for a friend
> I plug it into the line in and all start toi play the MD back through my
> comp...no problem and everything sounds fine..UNTIL I touch the MD
> player...and then I get a subtle but noticeable deep buzz in the sound...as
> soon as I let go it goes away...I can touch it with other objects and it
> doesn't make the noise..>JUST when it comes into contact with my
> skin....what exactly causes this?
> "Stop the World - I wanna get off."

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways