Hehe I saw that in the daily Infobeat news on monday...

*** Iomega settles Zip drive lawsuit

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Iomega Corp. will give rebates to millions of
customers as part of a settlement of a class-action lawsuit that
claimed its Zip drives are defective. U.S. customers who bought a
Zip drive from a store or authorized manufacturer between Jan. 1,
1995 and March 19, 2001 will be entitled to rebates worth up to $40
for various Iomega products. The settlement comes out of a lawsuit
filed in Delaware in 1998, which claims the Roy-based company's
mainstay product had a manufacturing flaw that often caused the
drives and disks to fail. The suit also alleged that many of the
drives made constant clicking noises - nicknamed "the click of
death" - before failing. Plaintiffs' attorney Mike Dodge estimated
28 million Zip drive purchasers are part of the suit. Iomega will
also donate $1 million in products and services to schools, pay
attorneys fees for the lawsuit and provide free technical support
for customers who experience the clicking.

Makes me glad i didnt buy a zip drive and stuck to archiving to
CD-R.  An awful lot cheaper to do CD-R too these days :-)

PrinceGaz.