> For a better product all around, go here:
>
> http://www.apple.com/powerbook/
>
> There uses to be a direct comparison to a Vaio here, but I don't know if
> it's still there.

This is not an argument to start a fight. Nevertheless, I'd like to tell you
about my personal experience with a Mac. I (and a bunch of other computer
geeks and "normal" users) evaluated them on behalf of my company (30,000
users total) against PC laptops (I won't tell what brand, but it wouldn't
matter anyway).

The result was surprising to everyone. Nobody (not even the end users) liked
either the PowerBook, the iMac, or the G4s. At first it was love at first
sight. Then everyone noticed how they could do everything a PC did. Then
everyone had problems with memory management. Then we noticed that, in order
to make a Mac interact in a PC world, we had to buy hundreds of $$$$ in
extra software. And that users hated the interface. They did like the fancy
colors, though.

The death blow came when we received lots of complaints from users that
couldn't open the *.exe files they used to receive via e-mail, and they
hated it when we told them to fire up the Windows 98 emulator to run the
software. And also, to run all their database programs.

A Mac is a good, albeit uncompatible, out of standard (and in many cases out
of touch) computer. I would never, ever buy one for myself. And I gave it
the benefit of the doubt (I went into the test completely unbiased; in fact,
I wanted to have one at my desk because I needed some graphics design done
on it... and because of the fancy colors).