Hi Lalita,

Lalita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm probably going to buy the sony mz-r700.. I've been looking on a
> bunch of webpages but I can't seem to find what the battery life is..
> does anyone know?  any other warnings that I should know about before
> buying this?  I know generally it's similiar to the mz-r900..

I've updated the MZ-R700 table entry to include battery life info. Also
check out http://www.minidisc.org/sony_mzr97500_comparison.html for a
comparison of the MZ-R900 class machines. Also, see the recent review
at http://www.minidisc.org/sony_mzr700_review.html

> > from minidisco.org
>
> Differences from MZ-R900: Non-LCD remote, battery is AA formfactor (i.e.
> round), does not have 1) double jog lever 2) Joint-text recording
> (transferring titles from special CD-TEXT CDs when recording with
> special Sony cable from special Sony CD players) 3) date-time stamp
> recording 4) Personal disc memory.
>
> I think my only concern is battery life.. I am a little confused.. what
> does "batter is AA formfactor (i.e. round)"  mean?  it just uses a
> regular AA battery?  rechargable?

I've updated the entry there too. It means it will take a normal AA
cell or a rechargeable that's shaped like an AA cell.

> video-direct.com and RadarCity.com both have it for $217 in case anyone
> else was interested.

I also hear that Target stores in the US will be carrying them for $200.

> also say you were recording something from the net.. is there a
> difference if you use a USB pc link.. or just a digital sound card that
> has optical out?

If it's a digital USB PC link there should be no difference between it
and a sound card with digital output (save for any sync issues, note
that the current Xitel/Sony digital USB PC link does not work properly
with Sharp units).

Rick