* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 29 May 2001
| The joke is that the local Sam's Club sold a two disc very highly rated
| Toshiba DVD player that was HDCD CD compatible.  The instructions manual
| says that, "the player will automatically detect an HDCD CD and a light
| will come on".  Well I'm still waiting to see the light.

Rimshot!

| Except for anything Spielberg, I don't see a heck of a lot of DTS DVDs
| either.

I have a few: Men in Black, Gladiator, and Big Trouble in Little China come
to mind.  I probably have a few others.  Thing is, Dolby Digital is the
minimum requirement for DVD-Video in Region 1.  dts is arguably a superior
spec, which is tantamount to calling it an a/vphile thing.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \