>But is Md really on fire in say, Japan, like it was about 3 years ago?

Well.. I mean it was a bit different over there. Most people I know in
Japan used MD because they frequently rent audio CDs. There are A LOT of
places to rent CDs over there! Before there weren't that many "home"
computers over there either, as space is very limiting. That's why most
people over there own laptops. Back then there weren't any laptops that
could burn CD... (anyone here remember burning CD using a CLI in the early
90's?)Plus the fact that MD small and keen make them very appealing I guess.

tk