* Christoph Hertel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 06 Jun 2001
| I'm wondering what wonderful things the USB-cables that come with the
| Sony MD-recorders (e.g. MZ-R700PC) will do for me. As I understand the
| naming of the tracks on the MD will be easier

No, it won't, since none of that information is carried on the PCM signal.

| and I will be able to transfer mp3's on a MD. But the mp3's will be
| converted to standard-audio-compressed-with-ATRAC? So where's the
| difference to just connecting the line-out of my Soundcard with the
| line-in of the MD recorder?

A noise-free digital connection, assuming you get the DG2 model rather than
the AN1 model.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and