> Also thinking of replacing my SONY MZR50, whats the best portable at
> present?

I guess that depends on your criteria but, of the people that I know, all
have either stayed with or moved to Sony portables. Assuming - given the
virgin.net address - that you're from the UK, I bought the MZ-E500 for £132,
which is a great playback only deck that takes a chewing gum cell so no
power-bulge for the AA cell. The only downside is the plastic case if it may
need to take a few knocks. If you need to record as well, a friend waxes
lyrical about his MZ-R900, about £200 on-line, which is the only Sony
recorder without a power-bulge, I believe, and has a metal case. Both are
MDLP compatible.