>I dropped by Target today and picked up the 700, as someone on this list
>had earlier promised it would be there.  They had the 500 advertised at
>$149 and the 700 at $199.  It rang up for $249, but the display said $199,
>so I challenged them to look at it and they corrected it.

        Lucky dog!  I tried doing that but they held firm.  If I could find that
deal I'd gladly buy another one!

>2.     The book specifically says do not use other Sony remotes from other MD
>units.  Specifically, p. 20 says, "To prevent recorder malfunction, do not
>use a remote control that was supplied with another Sony portable MD
>model."

        I didn't read the manual so I missed that part :)  I hooked up the MZR33
remote from my R70 and it works just fine [so far].  All the controls work
and the display is just as the display on the 700.