> No offense, but there certainly needs to be a good MiniDisc FAQ created, as
> we get this question every two weeks "Is there a minidisc drive I can put
> audio on" or "How do I record MP3's to MiniDisc".
>
> Right, now, I'll do a little explanation here,... Technically there is
> a PC MiniDisc drive, but it is frightfully slow, SCSI interface I think, but
> it will not record on anything but Data discs, which cannot be played in
> generic MD players. There is technically, however, a FireWire device for
> copying to MiniDisc, 4x, the Sony Lissa, but it costs quite a bit and it is
> more akin to a separate rather than an actual drive.
>
> Stuart Howlette

None taken. I agree, a good FAQ would be very helpful since people buying
minidisc recorders these days probably have access to computers and might
assume this technology is available.

After asking the same question in various places I found the link below
(maybe you were already aware of this) which you might want to add to that
FAQ when it is created... Evidently this is a very expensive solution...

Info:
  http://www.tecno.demon.co.uk/mdstudio/mdte/mdduplicator.html

PDF brochure
  http://www.tecno.demon.co.uk/mdstudio/mdte/download/brochure.PDF