From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Richard Rudie
Sent: 18 June 2001 03:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: Sony MZ-R700DPC

David Fincher wrote:
> I have a "lipstick" remote (MZ-R35) from the EP-11 that has LCD
readout
> which I would like to use.  However, I'm not interested in causing a
> "recorder malfunction."  I'm not encouraging anyone on the list to
> damage their unit, but I thought some of you may have "tried" this by
now.

I tried the remote from a friend's MZ-R50 with my R700. It controlled
the unit fine (play, pause, skip, etc.), but the LCD display was
completely inactive. I was surprised; the MZ-G750 has its LCD-and-radio
remote, and I had expected that the R700 and G750 were basically
interchangable except for the remote and the "AM/FM" scribed on the
G750's case.

   2
 [)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 |\  http://rsquared.firest0rm.org/