< all she needed was to plug her DVD
player into her video recorder.  When she pressed play on the DVD player
with the recorder set to line in, the output would go through the VCRs RF
output.
<

Actually I don't think that's quite true all the time...doesn't DVD have
macrovision that doesn't let you record to VCR? I remember trying to do the
VCR thing in college and try to watch a DVD through a VCR to a tv with only
coax inputs but it wouldn't work. It did, however, work with a higher end
Sony VCR. Does it have to do with Macrovision? We can also blame the damn TV
makers...this was a 19 inch RCA TV bought about 3 years ago that, although
cheap, didn't even have RCA inputs! I find that quite ridiculous.
-Luis