Important thing first: a big shout out to those Md-List and
MD-community
folks online who have been around for a while and have obviously built
up a
great thing... it's been such a fab resource for me in finding exactly
what
I need.  Huuuge thanks from a Newbie.

I've got 2 queries, though:

1. Just bought a Sony MZ-R700, and damn happy with it, but would much
rather use a better remote with it (one with a backlit display).  I've
already tried using the MZ-R900 remote in the 700 and it seems fine,
even
though a *small* note on p.20 of the manual states, "To prevent
recorder
malfunction, do not use a remote control that was supplied with
another
Sony portable MD model."  It seems unlikely to me that there would be
real risk of damage to the portable, or by "malfunction" do they just
mean
a possible wrong command sent from the remote (like 'record' instead
of
'edit')?  Any comments?  Regarding *other brand* remotes, is it ok?
I've
got a friend who might be convinced to part with his 900 remote ;)

2.  In Sydney, Australia, blank MDs are reasonably priced, but in my
opinion not cheap enough for the heavy user (best I've found retail is
about A$4 each TDK 80min MD, if in bulk).  However a friend travelling
overseas (different one :)) could maybe pick some up for me.  Any info
on
prices per box of 5 or 10 (74 or 80min)in Singapore?  Same for Berkely
CA
or Seattle, USA?  (Anyone from Sydney who knows a bargain place pls
tell!)

Thanks for your time, people.

Thom
Sydney