On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:35:55 -0500 (CDT), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I have an Aiwa AM-F70 that read and rewrote a TOC that my MDS-JE520
trashed
>  (that was the one and only thing that every has gone wrong with my 520),
res-
>  cuing the disc, which has had no more problems to this day (not even in
the
>  JE520).  None of my other hardware could read that TOC until the F70
fixed it
>  (I did not yet have the JB940, which seems able to read anything).  Sell
it?
>  The mortician will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!  MDLP
couldn't
>  get me to give up my F70 and NetMD won't either.

I'd have to say I agree with you about Aiwa portables - I've got an Aiwa F65
(same unit as the F70, without the backlight on the unit, and display on the
remote). I've also got 3 Sharp portables (MT-831, and two MT-16s) and whilst
I find them all good at various things, the F65 is by far my favourite.

Much better output (in terms of loudness, and quality, given identical
headphones), reads and writes to MDs that the Sharps won't touch, and never
let me down once. It will truly be a sad day for me, should it ever die...

Neil