<snip>
> Anyway, to make a long story short, the best way to convert from MP3 to
> ATRAC (or any other compression format, for that matter) is to fully
decode
> MP3 to PCM and then re-encode PCM to the destination format. There are no
> shortcuts.
</snip>

One word "Bummer".

But with rate at which the computing power is going. That shouldn't be too
much of a trouble. It would just be annoying. Wouldn't it?

Hrm...maybe someone will be smart enough to make a special a MP3 to ATRAC
converter if NetMD does take off. Wouldn't they?

I personally can not wait for NetMD recorders.

My two cents.

--icantelu