From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Shawn Lin
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 5:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: JVC MDX3000

James Jarvie wrote:

> Does anyone know a (reputable) place selling the above
> (I think the model # is correct - it's the single DIN
> CD/MD head unit).  I just bought a 1998 Elantra and my
> wife actually seems Ok with me getting one.  Now it
> seems that they don't make the things anymore.
>
> Any help would me appreciated.

Try http://www.crazyg.com
This company sells them on Ebay under the name "cgelectronics".
He runs several dutch auctions for them a month.  The auctions usually
don't get any bids, so chances are if you bid on one, you'll get it for
that price.  I've seen him selling them as low as $299 and as high as
$339 on Ebay.  They are $329 on the crazyg website.

They've been discontinued for over a year, so you won't be able to get
brand new ones.  The CrazyG ones are supposedly "factory refurbished".

I like the MX3000, in fact I like it quite a bit more than the Sony
MDX-C7900 that it replaced.  The display on the MX3000 is BRIGHT and
easy to read in the bright sunlight.  That was a pleasant surprise, I
was getting used to the much dimmer displays on Sony stereos.

Shawn