Just thought I'd mention I see MD on the CBS show "CSI" all the time.
Anytime the guy pulls out the MD player (usually an MZ-R37), they have
to show a closeup of the big "MD" logo.  I wonder if Sony has anything
to do with this show?

Sometimes I also watch the afternoon cartoons on Fox.  One of the
cartoons they play is "Digimon".  On one episode a kid had an MD
player.  It had a big "MD" right on it.  Kind of amusing the cartoonist
went to the trouble to make it obvious that the kid's audio device was
an MD player.  Makes me wonder if it's because the cartoon is from Japan
or if Sony has something to do in producing it.

Shawn