Hi

I want to get a Minidisc deck with the facility to allow timed recordings
from the radio. I've got a couple of questions about this...

First of all, which deck? My options are the Sony MDSJE470 & 770. According
to the Sony UK website, both of these allow timed recordings. But, only the
770 has the usual REC-OFF-PLAY switch. So does the 470 have another way of
doing this, or is the website wrong?

Second, if I use a timed plug to turn on the power and start recording, will
the deck remember the MDLP setting, ie the fact that it's on LP2?

Thanks for any advice.....

Nick Wall