Gerhard Knez wrote:
> I have an Roland VSR-880 which is an 8 track harddisk recoding device.

> It has an S/PDIF optical output and also a digital chinch output
> (would prefer to use the optical). Now I want to connect the Roland to

> my computer and upload the 8-track recordings to manipulate it on the
> PC (use Win98 and WinNT 4.0). As far as the docu said the 880 presents

> every 8 tracks on its digital output.

What you need is a digital I/O board with an Adat interface.

> Is that possible at all?
Yes
> Which soundcard do I need to get all 8 tracks at the same time
Anything with and Adat Interface..
I'm using a digi96/8 made by RME (www.rme-audio.de) which IMO is a
superb Digital I/O board.  That will do what your after.

> uploaded to my soundprogram?
> Is that possible with every card?
No most digital I/O is 2 channel (in S/Pdif  or AES/EBU format)

> What are the technical requirements of an appropriate card?
> There are a lot of multi-track soundprograms out there, I assume that
> every program that can handle multipe tracks is able to handle the
> input, right?
Should do, the audio program should see 4 pairs of 2 Channel inputs/
outputs.
(Just like having 4 seperate 2 channel audio cards.)

> Can anybody give me some advice where to find information about that
> (other mailinglist/webpage...)?
>
> You can also contact me directly to reduce the MD-off-topic part on
> the list to a minimum if you want.
>
> I hope it's clear what I'm asking (poor english, I'm german).
>
> Thanks alot in advance,

Matt
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]