Rob, when you call your post "a factual compilation," you're holding
yourself to an exacting standard.

| MiniDisc is always separate stereo in SP mode.

No, SP can be pure mono in SP mode as well as fully separate stereo.  Also,
LP2 is fully separate stereo.  (LP4 is joint stereo.)

| 212Kb/sec is standard for ATRAC.

I trust that you just mistyped the number and are not calling something
ATRAC never does its standard.  SP stereo is 292 kbps; SP mono is 146 kbps,
but note that both SP modes are 146 kbps/channel.  LP2 is 132 kbps (66
kbps/channel).  LP4 is 66 kbps, but I don't know how much of that is
allocated to the (L+R)/2 component and how much to the (L-R)/2 component; it
might be variable.

| Later, [Xing] rewrote their codec to handle frequencies up to 20kHz
| (probably at the behest of the audiophile MP3 community).

"The audiophile MP3 community"?  That's a juxtaposition I never expected.
Of those who call themselves audiophiles, many reject digital audio
outright; some demand 96-kHz sampling and 24-bit samples; and after a couple
other subgroups we get to the laxest of them, who grudgingly tolerate
1.4112-Mbps CDs.