>"Michael Hoffman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sony MDR-EX70SL "NUDE EX" earbuds
>
>There are several models of the EX70 line. I know of at least two LPs
>(longer cord), one with 2 tips, one with three, and the same for the SLs
>(short cord).
>
>The general consensus among headphone geeks is that the three-tip SLs are
>the best in terms of sound. The three-tip release is the newest revision.

That's the one I have, with three changable buds.  Excellent that they're so
easily removable, for washing and such.

>While they can't compare with the Etymotic ER-4P/S, they are up there with
>the best earbuds under $100, and are the best "sealed" earbud under $100,
>provided you can get a good seal. I add that caveat because some people can
>never seem to get them to seal right.

Yeah this girl has like super small ear canals or something.  Even the
smallest of the buds that came with mine can barely fit her.

> > Do they get dirty?
>
>Do you keep your ears clean? ;)

Hahahhhaahha :)

>The truth is that unless you get spend lots of money (Etymotics),
>earbuds/canalphones all have weaknesses. Because of the size of the drivers
>and the way they fit in your ear, you can't get as good sound as you can
>with more full-size headphones (even smaller headphones like the Koss
>KSC-35
>have better sound than any earbud save the Etys). However, the EX70 are up
>there with the Sony 888s ($60), and Sennheiser MX-500 ($20) as the better
>earbuds you can get.

Do you have an URL for the buds mentioned above?  I want to take a look at
em.

Thanks!

---
Mike Lastucka, B. Tech