David,

I dont remember how it did operate my old MDS JE700, but MDS JA50ES is
capable of doing resume play. So maybe I supposed all decks were able to do
that. Nice feature of JA50ES. I'm a bit upset now to see that JB940 doesnt
have this feature. I worked a long time with 50ES which might convinced me
that all decks had resume function.

Tugrul

> Tugrul asked,
>
> | On every MD deck and portable I owned there was
> | this resume play option.
>
> Every deck?  I've never heard of a deck with that feature.  On portables
> it's standard.  My experience with CD players is similar: portables resume
> (or have a switch to enable resumption), while decks do not.
>
> | ... every time I stop the deck it restarts from the beginning.
>
> That's how the 940 (and every other MD or CD deck I've ever used)
operates.