All right since some of us are looking forward to NetMD, I have hopefully a
simple yet interesting question.  NetMD will be encoded by software (please
correct me if i'm wrong).  We currently have an ATRAC 3 codec
http://www.minidisc.org/mdlpfaq.html (look at number 17) even though the
best this will encode from what i understand is lp2 mode.  anyway knowing
this,  will we now be able to encode cd's into atrac and store the atrac
files on our computers and also be able to use a codec to play atrac encoded
files from our computers?  if anyone has any insight on this it would be
greatly appreciated.  currently i use that atrac codec to both encode and
listen to music when i am on a computer because i can tell even on there the
diff between atrac at 132 and mp3 at 256 (atrac does a much better job)
anywa just some questions that i had.