Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club. I own a MZ-R750 (same machine but with a radio)
and I'm very happy with it. I mainly use it when I'm on the train and
sometimes make a recording of an old LP using the stereo of someone
else. Or I just plug it in to the amplifier at a friend and copy a CD
there.

It's quite easy to use and the sound quality is great. I haven't used
the MDLP mode yet, because then my MD's won't be compatible with the
combo-deck in my stereo, which doesn't have MDLP.

I don't do any titling (I just write the names of the tracks on the
cards, just like the old cassette days).

I really would recommend bying another set of earphones straight
away. Especially on public transport, the ambient noises are not
filtered at all and the earphones hurt like hell after about an hour.
There have been quite a few discussions about earphones in this list,
but I'm very happy with my Sony MDR-EX70LP. The ambient noise is
diminished in a very significant way and they are very comfortable
(the silicone earplugs come in 3 sizes).

Good luck with your new machine.

Mark