I also can report that the PS2 is great as an optical-out source for
recording MDs.  I was overjoyed to find that my PS2 had a more
practical
use than vegeing out with games!  I've also found that the PS2 seems
read audio CDs better, without skips etc., than some CD players -
which is
reassuring when you're copying whole CDs without monitoring them.

Talking about CD-skips when recording MDs... I recently thought of a
quick
check to see if the MD you recorded has any skips or glitches from the
CD
source.  I found that every skip during a recording created an extra
track
mark, so the number of tracks on the MD additional to the number on
the CD
source would tell me straight-away how many problem areas you had to
correct (cleaning CD, then deleting and re-recording certain tracks,
etc...).  I found this useful if I don't have time to listen through a
newly recorded MD.

Can anyone else confirm that this always works?

>I'm considering buying a Playstation 2; as I don't have a CD player
with
>optical out (and am happy with the one I've got, which has no digital
out), >would the PS2 be suitable for recording digitally to MD? Does
it
pass >trackmarks and work just like a CD player?