At 1:17 +0000 11-10-2001, jerry wrote:
>Does anyone have this model? How's the AM/FM reception and can you use the
>unit w/out the remote, like at the gym? Also, do you think it's about the
>same size as the 900 or 700? They're pretty small. Thanks.

Hi Jerry,

I've got a 750. The FM reception is pretty good. I listen to it quite
often when I'm in public transport. Sometimes there's some
distortion, but that's usually caused by the electrical systems of
the train. AM reception is OK, but I hardly ever listen to AM. In the
Netherlands all the stations I listen to are in the FM range.

The 750 is exactly the same size as the 700. Only difference is the
headphone out, which comes with power out to power the remote. The
remote includes the radio, the player doesn't. So you can't listen to
the radio without the remote, but you can listen to MD without the
remote.

I can really recommend this unit. It's not cheap, but the radio is a
very welcome addition.

The only thing I didn't like with this unit were the phones. Simply
hate them. I replaced them with a pair of Sony MDR-EX70LP. Sound is
very good and the silicone earbuds are very, very comfortable. I can
listen to these for hours while hardly noticing them.

Mark