the mast stopped going all the way down on my 300E during the winter, not
sure why, or just a combo of winter grime and dried out lube.  I use the
radio very little by the way.

The mast was up about 4-5 inches, so I really washed it down well with WD40,
and as it's so thin, after applying it several times, enough ran down and I
guess cleaned it out by way of washing it.  WD40 isn't a lube, so after I
sprayed it down, which by the way got it running smoothly again, I gave it a
wipe down using some of those Mercedes lube pads made for that purpose.
I've had no problems with it since.

Ed
300E