By purest coincidence, I can answer that, having just seen a 240d flood car
in person (total flood, up to top of dash for about three days), two years
after it was flooded.

The wood appeared perfectly normal, actually better than my two 240Ds.
(Albeit this was fresh water.)

I was offered it for parts. Pity, the car's body was apparently near mint
before the flood. I want it for the 4spd transmission, but my wrench advised
you have to drain the gearbox and if any water comes out, run away. As I
have no handy way to tip a w123 on its side, the vendor and I are in a
Mexican SO right now.

Mac