I can understand it. SBC are very common and there are lots of good aftermarket parts to make power. Once the hood is closed, no one really knows what is under there unless you tell them.

So, if you like the car but need an engine, I can see swapping to a SBC. There were kits available to put them in Jags - that was probably an improvement in most cases.

If you are driving what amounts to a beater Benz, why not add some power? Esp late model Vortec engines - pretty reliable etc.

Randy