Sounds a lot like clogged fuel filters. I'd start there. Watch the clear
in-line filter with engine running, you may see the air bubble grow when you
rev the engine if that filter is clogging up.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC

Ralph Robertson <rare...@gmail.com> wrote:

Today I noticed my SDL started running a bit rough while underload climbing
a long steep grade. Running just fine under normal load, starting well, as
usual, nothing seems different except this roughness like a dirty fuel
filter. Never experienced this before and was wondering if it was related
to the IP, or the turbo. Would appreciate your thoughts.
The engine has about 130k miles on it.
Thanks, Ralph, '84 300CD
'87 300 SDL