Rick,
  Nice to hear a "success story" from someone proving that well filtered
oil and long trips are more important than a proper conversion.
  I would suggest plumbing in a 16 or 20 plate heat exchanger with a
shutoff valve on the coolant circuit.  They are available on ebay for about
$60 and take about $30 or so to plumb in.  With the valve you can turn off
the heat to run straight Diesel if you want without adding heat.  I never
have any sprt of fatty buildup or problems with oil getting too thick in
the colder weather with just that.
  I need to upgrade the alternator on my 300d so I can add electric
injector line heaters.  I am also going to add a second tank with heat so I
can run straight wvo all year, no matter how cold it gets.

Mike