These do make great sense, but why the all in one instead of a tower?  Mac Pro
is far more upgradable and longer lived.  The iMacs are Core i series.  The big
one should be either i5 or i7.  Apple sees all of 16 gig of ram, but holds 32.
Biggest issue for my money is the screen failing due to crap capacitors.

Tower holds 48 gig, and uses the Xeon quad and 8-12 core chips.  Instead of a
single drive, you have the opportunity for four drives and you can RAID them.
As long as the video card is working, you can upgrade the monitor and dual
display DVI or mini port.  One gig of VRAM to the 512mb in the iMac.

The iMac is a wonderful desktop replacement.

clay