Dan sez:

>‎This means that someone or an >application would have to have full (root)
>>access to your system to leverage the >exploit(s).

Which is precisely why, on Windows machines you need an Administrator account
for adding software, and, well, administrative stuff, and individual limited
accounts for everything, and everyone else. I long time ago I had a Windows
machine setup this way. I got a virus on my limited everyday account and it got
corrupted. I went to the admin account, ran scans, deleted the corrupted
account, and restored it through backups. Tedious, but not nearly as bad as
rebuilding the entire data set of the machine.

Rick