> On October 15, 2018 at 7:31 AM Larry Turner via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> There are no affordable diesels (or not so affordable) available as new cars
> in
> the US anymore.

The average Chevy dealer has zero Clean Turbo Diesel Cruzes on the lot. A
handful of dealers (mostly in California) have 2-3 dozen. I know a guy in
Florida who drove 500 miles up the coast to a dealer who wanted to sell him his
2018 diesel, he said they had about 30 on the lot last summer.
If you want a stick shift you have to buy a leftover 2018, they're auto only in
2019.

The CTD Equinox (same 1.6L engine as the Cruze) seems to be more popular with
US dealers and buyers. I'm not sure if I'd want a 137hp SUV, but a Cruze will
blow the doors off any stock OM602 turbo, 0-62 around 8 seconds.

The next step up from that AFAIK is the Colorado with four cylinder diesel,
which is about the size and weight of a 1970s full size pickup. I can't
remember if it's from the CTD family or the Isuzu/Duramax family, but it's
2.8L/181hp/369ft-lb.

Does MBUSA still sell the four cylinder 250 Bluetecs?

Mitch.